Second World Congress on Integrated Care "21st Century Integrated Care: serving citizens, patients and communities", Sydney 2014
***FINAL PROGRAMME NOW PUBLISHED*** to view the programme click the download app button on the side, download the app to your phone or tablet or select web view to see the full agenda on your desktop computer or laptop. The full range of features are only available on smart devices so make sure to fully download the app before you attend the conference. You can do this at any time by visiting itunes or the android app store and searching for guidebook. Download the app for free and then search for WCIC2 or Integrated Care to find our event.
You want to secure you place? Register for the conference here.
You want to become part of this fantastic initiative? Find out more about becoming a partner or supporter of the congress, including exhibition and flier distribution opportunities here.
About the conference
The International Foundation of Integrated Care (IFIC) is delighted to present the 2nd World Congress on Integrated Care "21st Century Integrated Care: serving citizens, patients and communities". The conference will take place at the SMC Conference Centre in Sydney, Australia on 23-25 November 2014. Some post conference invitation-only meetings will also take place on Wednesday, 26 November.
Congress Themes and Sub-Themes
1. Integration of population, acute and chronic care
- Coordination and continuity of care between primary, community and hospital-based care.
- Integrating public health, population health, health promotion and health care services.
- Chronic disease prevention and management of comorbidities.
- Integrating health and social care services.
- Integrating disease-based and vertical care programs into primary and community care.
- The costs and cost effectiveness of integrating population, acute and chronic care.
- The role of politics and policy in achieving short, medium and long term goals.
2. Integration of mental and physical health care
- Holistic and people-centred care in primary and community-based settings.
- Integrating care to people living with disabilities.
- Integrating care for older people to support active and healthy ageing and for end of life care.
- The costs and cost-effectiveness of integrated mental and physical health care.
- New models of care and human resource requirements.
3. Platforms underpinning Integrated Care
- Information Communication Technology as a key enabler of integrated service delivery: the cost and cost-effectiveness of different ICT platforms.
- Business cases, funding arrangements and financial incentives in integrated care.
- Political, legal and organizational frameworks.
- Governance, transparency and shared-accountability for integrated care outcomes.
4. Co-producing health
- Providing integrated care for hard to reach groups (e.g. to migrant populations, indigenous peoples, rural communities, low economic groups and vulnerable populations).
- Tackling health inequities and the social determinants of health. .
- Co-designing services with citizens, patients, families and communities.
- Capacity building, engagement and empowerment of key stakeholders (individuals, populations, health and care workforce, the voluntary sector and industry).
- Leading and managing change towards integrated care.
- Measuring impact to support improvements in quality, safety and efficiency of care.
Who is it for?
The 2nd World Congress on Integrated Care provides participants with many opportunities to connect with policy-makers, practitioners and researchers working towards integrated care.
Bringing together internationally renowned keynote speakers from North America, Europe, and Asia, recognized experts, oral abstracts and poster presentations from across many disciplines, this conference aims to contribute to the growth and development of integrated care.
The 2nd World Congress for Integrated Care should be an exciting and educational event for any practitioner, policy-maker, researcher or learner in this emerging field.